These recent headlines caught our attention in Rowan County’s local paper, The Salisbury Post.
Pay attention. Local papers can be a lifeline to the community. Read your local paper for local and state news. Write a letter to the editor. Be part of our greater community. If not you, who?
- Cooper vetoes limits on politics, race discussion in state workplaces
- Attorney General Josh Stein urges FCC to strengthen rules against telemarketing robocalls and texts
- ‘Honrar a Mama’ — Hispanic nonprofit celebrates motherhood
- Black Voters Matter make stop in Salisbury to raise awareness and inspire Black voters
- Abortion providers in North Carolina file federal lawsuit challenging states new restrictions
- An Important part of history, Hundreds turn out for Juneteenth celebration at park
- Local farmers receive ‘Next Step’ grants from Bread Riot