Thank you for your calls, emails, and letters about matters important to our community. Here are some brief updates to earlier action items and current concerns.
- Update – Rowan County School Board: As of 8/8/2022, Candidate list for Rowan Salisbury School School Board Race includes the following: 2 filing for North seat, 1 filing for South seat, 1 filing for West seat, 2 filing for Southeast seat. Filing continues until noon on August 19th. List is updated as candidates file and will be complete after the filing deadline. https://www.rowancountync.gov/DocumentCenter/View/34310/2022-General-Election-Candidate-List-8-5-2022-PDF?bidId=
- Update – One Stop/Early Voting Calendar: The Board of Elections met on 7/8/22, reached consensus on the midterm elections calendar and added 1 additional Saturday and 1 Sunday to the state mandated Early Voting calendar.
- Update – General Assembly reconvenes on August 23, 2022. Here’s a link for checking the calendar and bills. https://www.ncleg.gov/
- Inflation Reduction Act: Passed in the Senate under reconciliation. Both Burr and Tillis voted against it.
- Pact Act (Burn Pit Bill for veterans) Passed in the Senate. Burr joined the bipartisan vote and finally voted YES. Tillis continued his earlier stance with a NO vote.
- Respect for Marriage Act – no vote taken as of 8/8/22